The Head of Programs is responsible for designing and delivering educator professional development programs and digital education products based on the strategic objectives of the Education Department. The candidate will have appropriate disciplinary expertise and will serve as a thought leader in this area. The candidate must demonstrate deep understanding and mastery of research-based pedagogical principles, curriculum design and assessment, as well as current trends in new media literacies and Holocaust and genocide studies. Classroom teaching experience is an asset. In addition, the role will include mentorship of program participants and other duties as required. The candidate will report to the Associate Director – Educational Technologies and Training.
- Develop curriculum (online and hybrid) in multi-media formats for various levels of education (primary to post-secondary) and educational environments worldwide.
- Create materials and support the design of online tools to support educator use of multimedia products.
- Develop and deliver professional development programs for a wide variety of educational environments.
- Coordinate professional development programming
- Coordinate with internal and external partners.
- Represent the organization in various contexts worldwide.
- Present the work of the Institute at professional conferences and other external opportunities.
- Contribute to the work of the department, including participating in meetings, contributing to the development of policies, preparing materials in support of grant proposals or stewardship, providing feedback on educational programs, and developing relationships.
Expected Characteristics and Skills
- Autonomous, self-directed and proactive
- Strong personal characteristics to work effectively with diverse audiences
- Exceptional organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, including writing and public speaking
- Project management skills: work plan development and monitoring
- Masters degree, PhD preferred or equivalent combination of teaching experience and education.
- Understanding of curricular and pedagogical trends in education new media literacies
- Appropriate disciplinary expertise, an understanding of the Holocaust and genocide an asset
- Teaching experience an asset
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.