Senior Education Specialist
Requisition Number: 018098
The Senior Education Specialist will report to the Education Program Designer (Associate Director – Educational Technologies and Training) and will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering training programs and products to educators based on the strategic objectives of the Department. They will serve as a thought leader regarding matters of content within programming, and must demonstrate mastery of the pedagogical and theoretical issues related to testimony-based education. They will also be responsible for development of training materials as required. In addition, their role will include mentorship of program participants and other duties as required by the Director of Education.
They will have an in-depth understanding of the theory and pedagogy that supports effective testimony-based education. They will have demonstrable expertise in curriculum design and program design. They will also have appropriate disciplinary content expertise as well as a deep knowledge of the emerging and current trends in new media literacies. Classroom teaching experience is an asset.
- Design, generate and implement, including coordination, training programs that meet a wide variety of educational contexts.
- Deliver testimony based educational programming in a variety of global locations.
- Represent the organization professionally with educational partners around the world.
- Initiate and implement the development of innovative materials to support educational programming.
- Mentor program participants professionally and independently.
- Participate in outreach activities.
- Present the work of the Foundation at conferences and other external opportunities.
- Contribute to the work of the department, including participating in meetings, contributing to the development of policies, preparing materials in support of grant proposals or stewardship, providing feedback on educational programs, and developing relationships with teachers.
- Work autonomously.
- Masters degree or equivalent combination of teaching experience and education.
- Classroom teaching experience an asset.
- Understanding of pedagogical and theoretical trends in education using audio visual media.
- Experience working with educational standards.
- Appropriate disciplinary expertise, an understanding of Holocaust and Genocide an asset.
To apply, visit the USC Jobs website: http://jobs.usc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69029