AT Link to Wikipedia article German-language Portal German
- 2016: EVZ hosts an international workshop on the use of Holocaust survivor testimony in education in Vienna; two USC Shoah Foundation staff members presented
- 2008: Kim Simon and Martin Smok of USC Shoah Foundation participate in an international conference in Vienna hosted by errinern.at, a Holocaust remembrance organization run by the Austrian government. Called “Visual History – How Can Videotaped Survivor Testimonies Make up for Survivors?”, the panel explored the importance of education youth, reaching the public, and preserving the memory of the Holocaust.
- 2015-2016: Florian Köppl serves as the USC Shoah Foundation Austrian Holocaust Memorial Service in which he works at the Institute for a year in lieu of his mandatory military service.
- Each year, USC Shoah Foundation hosts an intern from the Austrian Holocaust Memorial Service. The AHMS is an alternative to Austria's six-month military service requirement for men; instead of serving in the military after high school, they can complete year-long internships at Holocaust memorial institutions around the world or other social service organizations.
Additional Educational Resources
- 2008: Das Vermächtnis (The Legacy) — An educational DVD with 91 video testimony clips, teaching modules, and classroom activities, produced in partnership with errinern.at, a Holocaust remembrance organization run by the Austrian government.