DE Link to Wikipedia article German-language Portal German
- 2009: USC Shoah Foundation has partnered with the Center for Digital Systems (CeDiS) at Freie Universität Berlin, Germany, to organize Looking at History: Incorporating Video Testimony across the Curriculum, a two-and-a-half day workshop dedicated to integrating video testimonies into secondary school classroom instruction.
- 2016: Julia Werner of Humboldt University in Berlin, the 2015-2016 Greenberg Fellow gave a lecture at the USC Shoah Foundation Center for Advanced Genocide Research on photographs of the ghettoization of the Jewish population in Poland.
- 2015: Maximilian Strnad of the University of Munich, a fellow at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum’s research center, gave a lecture at the USC Shoah Foundation Center for Advanced Genocide Research on intermarried Jews in Nazi Germany.
- 2015: USC Shoah Foundation Teaching Fellows Gertrud Pickhan and Alina Bothe teach course on deportation of Polish Jews from Berlin at Freie Universitat. One student, Veronique Mickisch, travels to New York to meet the family she researched in the Visual History Archive for the course.
- 2015: USC Shoah Foundation Center for Advanced Genocide Research Director Wolf Gruner presented a paper on the Armenian Genocide at a conference in Berlin.
- 2012: Organized and presented at the International Conference of the Foundation EVZ and Freie Universtät Berlin along with USC colleagues and partners. The conference, Preserving Survivors' Memories - Digital Testimony Collections about Nazi Persecution drew more than eighty scholars and educators from around the world.
Additional educational resources
- 2013: In partnership with Die Stiftung EVZ in Germany and VAAD (Association of Jewish Organizations and Communities of Ukraine), develop an educational resource for educators in Ukraine grounded in critical approaches to history, particularly the history of the Holocaust, designed to highlight historical and contemporary instances of human rights violations, and an accompanying teacher training program in Ukraine on classroom use of this resource.
- 2001: Erinnern: für Gegenwart und Zukunft (Remembering: for the Past and the Future): An educational CD