Interviews conducted in France
(includes testimonies in the process of being integrated into the Visual History Archive)
- Emmanuel Debono
- 2015: USC Shoah Foundation provides online exhibit of testimony clips for National Contest on Resistance and Deportation (CNRD).
- 2014: USC Shoah Foundation provides online exhbit of testimony clips for National Contest on Resistance and Deportation (CNRD).
- 2013: USC Shoah Foundation provides online exhibit of testimony clips for National Contest on Resistance and Deportation (CNRD).
- 2013: Teaching with Testimony in the Twenty-First Century, a professional development workshop in Lyon for French educators.
- 2013: Presentation at the Memorial de Caen for general public.
- 2013: Presentation at the Fondation pour la Mémoire de la Shoah.
- 2013: Institut français de l'éducation (Ecole normale supérieure - Lyon) Training for Teachers
- 2013: Presentation for the students of Prof. Corinne Bonnafoux at the Universite de Savoie.
- 2010-2013: Collège Jean-Baptiste Clément, in Colombes, a suburb of Paris, is participating in an annual program to equip it with technology in order to encourage teachers to address digital literacy and other information technology skills. Clips from the Visual History Archive are provided or students to use as assets or as information sources in their projects. Connected to the Concours national de la résistance et de la Déportation (National Contest on Resistance and Deportation).
- 2010: Over 60 teachers trained on the educational use of video testimony.
- 2016: George and Irina Schaeffer establish George and Irina Schaeffer Center for the Study of Genocide, Human Rights and Conflict Resolution at American University of Paris. The Center provides full access to the Visual History Archive.
- 2015: USC Shoah Foundation French consultant Emmanuel Debono publishes article about the Institute in the French review journal Études arméniennes contemporaines (Contemporary Armenian Studies)
- 2014: Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon (ENS Lyon) becomes the first Visual Hstory Archive full access site in France.
- 2014: Student Fellow Leticia Villasenor researches Vel d’Hiv roundup
- 2011: USC Shoah Foundation participated in a training organized by the Institut français d’éducation (IFE, French Institute of Education), in Lyon.
- 2011: USC Shoah Foundation participated in a training organized by the Council of Europe that took place at the site of a former transit camp, in Beaune-la-Rolande.
Conferences and Workshops
- 2015: USC Shoah Foundation executive staff attend UNESCO meeting in Paris "Preventing Violent Extremism Through Education."
Additional work in France
Additional education resources
- 2015: ENS Lyon launches "Paroles de Liberes," a major exhibition looking at the plight of liberated survivors returning to France, with digital components including access to the Visual History Archive and an interactive map of testimonies from France.
- 2014: Territories and Trajectories of the Jews Deported from France (TETRADE) research project and exhibit at Conservatoire national des Arts et Métiers (CNAM) and http://tetrade.huma-num.fr/
- 2014: Online exhibit La Bataille de Normandie (1944): acteurs et temoins se souivennent