Interviews conducted in Israel
(includes testimonies in the process of being integrated into the Visual History Archive)
- 2016: Lesly Culp, USC Shoah Foundation Senior Education Content Specialist and Trainer, gives a presentation about IWitness at Yad Vashem.
- 2013: Czech Teacher Seminar in Jerusalem that introduced IWitness to 25 educators.
- 2012: Partnership with Yad Vashem and the Anti-Defamation League (5th year) Echoes and Reflections
- 2011: USC Shoah Foundation presented the IWitness platform at the 8th international conference of Yad Vashem.
- 2011: USC Shoah Foundation participated in the Yad Vashem seminar for Czech teachers. Several workshops and presentations by the USC SF representative on using testimony in education, the methodology, the need for local context, and the role of propaganda.
- 2010: USC Shoah Foundation conducted half-day workshop on the USC Shoah Foundation methodology and use of local testimony for Lithuanian teachers at the Yad Vashem, with DVD handouts (October 13) and for Czech teachers participating in a similar YVS teacher-training program.
- 2015: USC Shoah Foundation Executive Director Stephen Smith gave the keynote address at a Holocaust seminar in Tel Aviv.
Conferences and Workshops
- 2016: The “Jews of the Middle East in the Shadow of the Holocaust” conference in Jerusalem discussed Visual History Archive testimonies.
- 2012: Haifa Conference: Bridging the Divide in Holocaust and Genocide Studies: Towards a Cross-Cultural Interdisciplinary Dialogue
- 2012: Western Galilee College Testimony Conference
- 2008: USC Shoah Foundation participated in the 6th International Conference on Holocaust Education in Jerusalem.
Additional work in Israel
Additional educational resources
- 2013: USC SF testimony included in Yad Vashem’s multimedia classroom lesson Studying Genocide in the Context of the Holocaust.