November 09, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
5:00 PM PST | 8:00 PM EST | 1:00 AM +1 GMT
International March of the Living and Rutgers University Miller Center for Community Protection and Resilience will host “Let There be Light,” an internationally broadcast event commemorating Kristallnacht. The event, featuring testimony from USC Shoah Foundation's Visual History Archive, honors the moral heroism and valor of those who resisted evil during the Holocaust and at other times of mortal peril to humanity.
- Testimony from survivors of Kristallnacht
- Irwin Cotler, Canada's Special Envoy on Preserving Holocaust Remembrance and Fighting anti-Semitism, former Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada
- John J. Farmer Jr., Director of the Miller Center for Community Protection and Resilience at Rutgers University, former Attorney General of New Jersey
- Carl Wilkens, American Christian Missionary and former head of the Adventist Development and Relief Agency International in Rwanda
- Special presentation to Paul Miller, Founder of the Miller Center for Community Protection and Resilience at Rutgers University, by Natan Sharansky, Human Rights Activist, Chair of ISGAP and Babyn Yar Holocaust Memorial Center
- Malcolm Hoenlein, Vice Chair of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
- Tali Nates, Founder and Director of the Johannesburg Holocaust & Genocide Centre
- Jessica U. Meir PH.D., NASA Astronaut
- Musical guest Ani Djirdjirian, Actress and Armenian activist
- Moderated by Richard D. Heideman, Distinguished Attorney, Author and Human Rights Activist
Program will be simulcast on November 9, 2021 at 8:00PM ET on November 9, 2021 on the Jewish Broadcasting Service (JBS), on the Jewish Broadcasting Service (JBS), MOTL.org, Facebook Live and YouTube.
Start: November 09, 2021 / 5:00 PM