Deepfakes and Holocaust Testimony
What is the Future of Truth and Denial?
1:00 PM PT / 4:00 PM ET
USC Shoah Foundation is committed to preserving Holocaust testimony and making those testimonies accessible, but in our current climate, deepfake tactics that manipulate videos and photos threaten to delegitimize real testimonies. Stephen Smith, Finci-Viterbi Executive Director of USC Shoah Foundation, and Claire Leibowicz, Head of AI and Media Integrity at Partnership on AI, host a panel of experts from across disciplines to discuss how synthetic media is being created and used, the challenges and opportunities posed by highly convincing fakes, and cutting-edge solutions aimed at preserving historical truth. The event is co-organized by USC Shoah Foundation and Partnership on AI.
- Stephen Smith (Finci-Viterbi Executive Director - USC Shoah Foundation; UNESCO Chair on Genocide Education)
- Claire Leibowicz (Head of AI and Media Integrity at Partnership on AI)
- Chris Bregler, Director/Principal Scientist, Google AI
- Sam Gregory, Program Director, WITNESS
- Lisa Roman, VP of Public Policy, Bumble
- Yair Rosenberg, Senior Writer, Tablet Magazine
- Saleela Khanum Salahuddin, Attorney Advisor, Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board