#AskanArchivist Day 2016
To commemorate National Archives Month, the Society of American Archivists is sponsoring a social media event #AskAnArchivist Day on Wednesday, Oct. 5. The day is an opportunity for archivists to interact with anyone interested in their profession by answering questions with the hashtag #AskAnArchivist. USC Shoah Foundation will participate in #AskanArchivist Day for the third year. Throughout the day our archivists and indexers who will be answering questions on the Visual History Archive and the archive field.
How to join?
- Tweet your questions to @USCShoahFdn with #AskanArchivist about the Visual History Archive, indexing and general archive questions.
- Watch the Facebook Live broadcast at 10 a.m. PDT on Oct. 5 – USC Shoah Foundation Archivists Sandra Aguilar and Daryn Eller will describe their day-to-day tasks and provide a demonstration of the Visual History Archive.
- Watch our Facebook Live broadcast second 2 p.m. PDT. USC Shoah Foundation indexers Crispin Brooks and Manuk Avedikyan will describe the indexing process of testimonies and answer questions from Facebook and tweets with #AskanArchivist.
- Contribute by sharing on social media how you use the testimony from the Visual History Archive.
- Follow USC Shoah Foundation on Instagram for behind the scenes look of the Visual History Archive.
- Share #AskanArchivist Day on your own social media accounts.
This an excellent opportunity to learn more about the Visual History Archive, how testimonies are preserved, indexed and used throughout the world.